Monday

I haven’t opened it for a while…

I haven’t opened it for a while…

It sits dusty on my shelf…

Pieces of paper, post-its, marking the pages…

I once read with…emotion, reflection, understanding…

Now I look...I feel…the coolness of its spine, the fresh, clean pages…

The smell…the dust fills my head…a scent…

Once oh so familiar…now a distant memory…nostalgic...

I open a random page and …I read…I cry…I realize…

I trace the script with my fingertips…

I have missed my friend…our conversations at dawn…

The tears that washed away…the blemish, the sin…emotion, reflection, understanding…

I hug it…ashamed at my own weakness…my lack of love…my mountainous burden...

I hide my face from reflection, understanding, and myself emotion…

Oh Allah…make me steadfast…make me one who loves you through your book…

Through Your words…through Your Prophet…through Your signs…

Help me for I am weak…who is there to answer the prayer of the sinner?

I am dependent on you…. answer my prayer…forgive me...

ya Rabb…ya Rabb…ya Rabb…ya Rabb…

Sublime be Your Majesty…

Epilogue…

It doesn’t sit on my shelf…it sits in my heart…emotion, reflection, and understanding…
I wish…ameen…